St.Patrick's Day
Well, we can thank good ole' St Patrick for our first sunburn of the year. Sure now, wasn't it in the sixties and sunny for our Detroit St. Patrick's day parade? And wasn't it a brilliant day altogether?
(Please note the above sentences were a valiant attempt to speak just like a favorite character of mine, Nula Ann McGrail, from the Andrew Greeley Irish books. I don't speak like that, at all, at all.)
Our Irish dance school group was about ten groups or so from the end of the parade. We strolled, leaped and hop shuffled our way down Michigan Ave from historic CorkTown past the old Tiger Stadium and on past the reviewing stand placed in front of the Gaelic League. The dancers had a great time showing off for the huge,green crowd and avoiding the horse droppings from those who went before.
I have only been playing the accordion for a year and a half, now. But I'm thinking perhaps by next year's parade,I'll have learned enough reels and jigs to play live for our dancers. I'll be perched upon the bed of the truck showing off.
To see more pictures from our parade click here.
detroitirish.org

1 Comments:
That looks like a midwestern town.
Post a Comment
<< Home